Alienware Aurora R8: Gaming unravels
It has pioneered the gaming arena in the past and continues to redefine the present with its name and brand value. It has created a strong foothold for itself, notwithstanding the fierce competition out there. Over the past two decades, it has stood up, and how so?
Try finding a gamer who has not heard the name: Alienware. They are known for making premium products with high-end value. The company has always had an impressive lineup of gaming laptops and desktops.
1)The design is as good as it gets. It is a sleek looking PC, maybe not so compact, but the features are noteworthy. It has an angular cabinet covered by grey side panels. Both of them have three slim RGB strips with customizable lighting; thus, imparting a classy finish to the model.
2)Many of the gaming PC’s nowadays are all talk and less action. They have a lot of money invested in the design with transparent windows and all the unnecessary detailing. But the Aurora R8 is more functional with vents on the panels for air intake and thus providing excellent cooling and ample ventilation for the hardware inside.
3)Regarding the carrying around of the PC, it has a handle on the top, making it easy to hold and carry around at a time. The front of the PC has intake vents towards the bottom and the classic Alienware logo on the top with an RGB backlight display.
4)Though all we have been talking about the looks, it is not all about that since the gaming computer packs some of the most top-notch hardware that money can buy. The configurations can easily get summed up in the core processing unit, which is liquid-cooled and overclockable, providing the 9th generation Intel core. The Intel system is powered with 32gb DDR4 RAM and RTX2080.
5) The storage is taken care of with a 250GB SSD and a 1TB hard disk drive(HDD). Though this seems more than enough, gaming netizens are given the freedom to upgrade as they wish because of the ease of access provided. You can play around with the components as much as you want. The users can easily access the internal hardware in the Aurora, thus giving it a massive edge over its competitors.
6)Talking about the ports, saying that it has just enough is an understatement since it has multiple ports for your benefit. It has 9 USB ports on the back, of which 4 of them support USB 3.1 version. The ports on the top are as generous as the ones present in the end. There are 3 USB ports with a type-C port and two 3.5mm audio jacks built-in as well.
7) The computer is VR ready, and concerning the display options, it has one HDMI port, three display ports and one type C port at the back.
8) Because of the massively powered core and RTX capability, the Aurora can smoothly make its way with any AAA game test thrown at it. The 4K gaming experience creates a world of its own for the gamer. It has crossed all the benchmarks progressively.
XRIG X1 G1: Great stuff comes in small packages!
When it comes to desktops, the major problem that arises is the space and portability issues. But as a gamer, you would not have to compromise on either with the XRIG X1 G1 gaming PC at your disposal.
This compact desktop packs a punch in the given space.
1)The design is as small and portable as possible. The XRIG desktop is a rectangular box that can easily fit in any corner of the room. It does not occupy a lot of space, but some great things have been packed into this small package. So, looks can be deceiving, and some of the knockout features can be seen as we go ahead.
2) The well-crafted and luxuriant display is nothing short of extravagance on screen. The polished, classy black aluminum finish is a sight to behold. It is simple, minimal, and splendid with a glossy glow in the backlit logo of the XRIG series.
3)At the heart of it is the Intel core 15-9400F along with a Zotac GTX 1660 coupled with 16gb DDR4 RAM running seamlessly at 3000MHz.
4)It has dual storage options powered by a 240 GB SSD for your operating system and softwares as well as 1 TB hard disk enabled by 720 rpm speed for storing games and media.
5) Considering the connectivity, the X1G1 offers a plethora of options. On the back, four USB ports provide 3.0 connectivity along with two USB ports providing 2.0 connectivity. Further, there are two PS2 ports, too, and 3.5mm audio jacks as well. In addition to this, there is a port or the LAN cable as well.
6)For the display profile, the GTX 1660 comes with one HDMI port and three display ports. There is a WiFi card, as well. For the front, there is one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, and two 3.5mm audio jacks present. There is the power button with an LED light present too.
7)The computer is enabled to run most of the latest games at 1080 fps and high settings. Further, it comes with a preset custom overclock profile for MSI afterburner, which gets triggered through the “Scroll lock button.”
8)The thermals of the system are also covered with the cooling fan present at the bottom of the system. It can easily withstand temperatures as high as 82 degrees Celsius for the GPU and 78 degrees Celsius for the CPU. It has been observed to be a little noisy when it is under load, but that does not cause any discomfort to the gamer. With headsets on, the noise is barely heard.
Final verdict: Both of the gaming computers are delightful treats concerning high-end experience and next-level gaming on the forefront. The only feature that stands out is the exorbitant pricing of the Aurora over the XRIG series. So, if you are particularly cringing about the cost factor, go for the latter, or else it is your choice to make since both are noteworthy and deliver the best.